05 May, 2010

Join Me at Mohonk Mountain House June 30th


I have only been to Mohonk Mountain House once. It was in 1982 for a college field trip. I know all about their beautiful gardens for sure. It is just one of those places that is just out of my regular travel areas. Now I have a reason to go!
 
I will be speaking at Mohonk on Wednesday June 30th for Ulster County Cooperative Extension. They have an annual Mohonk Walk where guests tour the gardens and then get a tremendous lunch. I will be be speaking on one of my more popular talks "Slugs, Bugs, and Other Thugs" also known as how to diagnose, control and eliminate insects, diseases, and weeds from your garden and prevent them in the first place.
 
What makes this talk exciting is the combination of photographs showing affected plants, symptoms to look for, conditions that cause plant problems along with remedies both natural and synthetic. But I go a step further and tell you how to prevent the pest from showing up again or even in the first place.
 
As always my talks include personal humorous anecdotes at no extra charge!
 
For more information contact: Ulster County Cooperative Extension

No comments: